Tuesday, October 25, 2011


My, my:


Good for him! If that is where his research leads him by all means he should reverse his position. I have no beef with that and I am looking forward to going over his work if I can get a copy when it finally reaches publication.  and that is the funny part; we've got all of this hype going on with the research being touted and then the repentant global warming skeptic returning to the fold leading up to the crescendo of the release of the report itself via publication, probably in one of the more prominent journals.  I did notice one little gem buried on down in the article which many probably missed. ""Global warming is real. Perhaps our results will help cool this portion of the climate debate."

Well, I don't recalling writing that global warming isn't real.  Added to that I don't recall many of the prominent folks in the skeptic community saying so either.  Global warming is real, all we have to do is look around us to see it.  History records ice floes and freezing over of the Hudson River.  We don't see that anymore.  A passage through the Arctic Ocean, the famed Northwest Passage, has opened up for the first time in my life.  Temperature and weather conditions have been warmer, with the exception of the last ten years, than earlier in my fifty-five years of life.  I'm not idiotic enough to deny that and I certainly haven't met another skeptic who is.  Well, Richard Mueller, by his own admission, was.  So I guess I stand corrected.

No, where we skeptics are coming from is that we question both the extent and proposed cause of the warming.  So far I don't see anything in those sensational press releases and stories to make me change my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment